Inline Wet Process Equipment for Cleaning, Alkaline & Acidic Etching, Single Side Treatment, Polish Etch & PSG Removal & Inline Ozone Applications
PV Technology Powers the World
SINGULUS TECHNOLOGIES provides technology solutions for both crystalline and thin- lm high- performance solar cell platforms.
SINGULUS TECHNOLOGIES is an established equipment supplier with customers producing crystalline and CIGS/CdTe solar cells. SINGULUS TECHNOLOGIES’ expertise includes vacuum thin- lm coating (PECVD, physical vapor deposition (PVD), evaporation), surface engineering, wet chemical processes and thermal processing.
SINGULUS TECHNOLOGIES cooperates with cell manufacturers worldwide and develops processes, which improve the ef ciency of solar cells and at the same time reduce production costs. Evolutionary improvement in cell concepts like PERC (PERL/PERT), bifacial PV systems as well as transitions towards n-type material, heterojunction or IBC cells will drive the future of crystalline solar.
Inline Wet Process Equipment
SINGULUS TECHNOLOGIES provides complete automated dry-in/dry-out solutions for wet-chemical treatment of Si-wafers in standard high-efficiency cell lines.
The ongoing evolution of proven concepts in process management and the integration of innovative approaches are the basis for the development of a new generation of horizontal wet processing systems.
LINEX is an inline wet processing platform with horizontal substrate transport for Si wafers. The SINGULUS TECHNOLOGIES LINEX system combines an advanced transportation system and sustainable/ innovative processing modules with proven and ef cient chemical treatment.
In addition to proven processes, the focus is on new applications such as single side treatment, polish etching, emitter etching and ozone applications. The highly integrated design, high throughput, high availability and low breakage rates make LINEX very attractive for solar cell manufacturers worldwide.
Main Characteristics LINEX
Typical Performance Characteristics
- Inline from R & D tool to the fully integrated 10 lane system
- Alkaline process up to 90 °C possible in 5 or 10 lane systems
- Polish etch up to 10 μm
- Integration of ozone
- Uniform media ow on wafer surface
- Consistent ow conditions from lane to lane
- Easy integration of new or additional process options
- High uptime up to 98 %
- High throughput and best performance
- Low cost of ownership
- Low breakage rate down to 0.01 %
- Best footprint
- SSE application up to 5 μm
Controlled – Precise – Intelligent
- Fully automated inline wet process equipment with integrated process control
- Compact process modules with innovative media and process management
- Simple and robust wafer transport system
- Shadow-free contact of the wafer top surface with the process media
- Wafer tracking and wafer thickness measurement
Safe – Clean – User Friendly
- Safe for operators, environment and for reliable processing
- Cleanroom compatible design according to ISO and SEMI standards
- Gentle wafer transport through the process media
- Excellent accessibility of the process modules from all sides
LINEX Process Applications
Final Clean (Mono & Multi):
Wafer cleaning after separation, with ultrasonic & additives
Alkaline Texture (Mono):
Top side etch with KOH and additives
Acidic Etching (Multi):
Saw damage removal and surface treatment
Single Side Etching (Mono & Multi):
Acidic rear side etching
Single Side Polish (Mono & Multi):
Acidic rear side polishing up to 5 μm
Advanced cleaning process